Just a quick update on the “getting rid of the rust” project. The sills are welded and I replaced one of the wings. I left the welding to a professional by the way. I can stick two pieces of metal together with a welder, but that’s not the same thing 🙂
I decided to replace the front wing with a brand new one. Various manufacturers sell new wings dirt cheap (for like € 40) so it makes no sense to try to repair the old one nor to get one at the local scrapyard. I did have to spray paint it in the right color.
The only thing left to do before it will pass the next inspection is replacing the front bumper (the previous owner had a fender bender) and adjusting the headlights.
Click on the images for a larger view.